Sharing Knowledge

Teaching Script Supervising

Last night I had the chance to attend a meeting of the Madison Independent Filmmaking Actors, Producers and Directors Meetup group. They are working on a new web series entitled Staydream, and asked me if I could drop by to share my knowledge of script supervising, which I was happy to do. (Thanks to Rick Grant for the photos.)

Speaking to the crew of Staydream.



Explaining the details to Victoria, who will be the
script supervisor on Staydream.


I was impressed by this group, largely because they are clearly very organized and running a tight ship, which always bodes will for production. I hope to work on Staydream in the future, though in some other capacity besides script supervisor. Victoria is a quick study and will do a great job.

It was a busy day. Earlier I paid my second visit to Monica Kamal while she and a friend Gary went on a hike in their all-terrain wheelchairs. Monica is the subject of an upcoming short documentary I am working on. She was recently nominated for a Jefferson Award by WKOW-TV, which had a film crew there as well. It was great to meet Amber Noggle and see a TV crew station at work.

Monica and her friend Gary enjoying the wilderness of Wisconsin.